Officially out of London. Mixed feeelings about the whole thing. I'd like to say that I'm all shiny and happy to be out of there, because for the most part I am. I'm glad that I don't have any stupid classes to attend anymore, and I don't live in a centipede Club Med, and that I don't really have to worry about money very much at present moment, or worry about groceery shopping. But all of those benefits come with the downsides of living in Assville Northish, which include my father, having to find a REAL job, lack of close-by pals, and general boredom. There is nothing to DO here (although, admittedly, Toronto is a mere 40 minute bus ride away).
On the bright side, I feeel more creative here. There is less insistance on creating, therefore I feel free to get more stuff done. Perhaps this is just my strangeness, but whatever; in this case, it works for me.
So, as of now, the guest room (which I guess is Amanda's Room again?) is a disaster zone, seeing as I haave to clean out all of the crap my family has decided didn't have anywhere else in the house it could go. My parents were all "Ugh, you have too much stuff" when they were moving me, but I come by it honestly, and both of them are far worse than I am (Exhibit A: My father and his rooms of books; Exhibit B: my mother's desk). So the next few days are filled with the fun of job searching and getting settled.
I was inspired by a recent issue of Jane, so my backpack project is paused. Now, I won't spoil the surprise, but this will be my first wearable pieece ('cause scarves don't really count) so I am very excited. I'll be done in two weeks, I estimate (altthough don't hold me to it). But it's tricky, as I'm not working from a pattern. This is all out of my head, babes, so roll with me and we'll see where we end up.
And I've recently been finding the Internet kind of lacking. Not that there isn't anything out there, but I feel the problem is there is too much, aand none of it that I really care about. When zefrank ended, I feel like a little daily jolt of a cyber community died in me, so I'm left communityless. FUCK THAT, I'm joining craftster.org as a jump off spot.
And I'm hoping to be motivated to start involving more photos in this blog, so expect to see a lot more of my stellar mug. Just thought I'd warn you before you started orgasming in your computer chairs (oh, that's right, you newfaangled kids use laptops, so be extra careful).
amanda
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amanda
- I like writing almost as much as I like eating.
Read what I'm writing at burgundy girls.
Tweet me @a_caswell.
Tumble with me at press the pause.
See what I find inspiring on Pinterest.
And if you're interested in working with me, you can check out my writing portfolio at amandacaswell.com.
1 comment:
is tonite's grey's two hours? what the fuck is going on? excellent blog miss amanda, excellent.
Post a Comment