Tuesday, June 12, 2007

thanks joni

Okay, so I'm taking this Earth Sci class right now that's all about stars and planets and crap. It really sucks HAVING to learn about it, but I thought this was cool in a very romanticized everything-is-related-to-everything sort of way.

The first elements that were created after Big Bang were hydrogen, helium, and lithium (although technically not hydrogen, the isotope deutrium, but close enough). Everything heavier than that was made from stars going supernovae and exploding, or just really big, hot super-giant stars. So because all of the heavier elements were created in stars, and we and everything that is around us is composed of those heavy elements, we are made of stardust. Literally. We are all made of stars, as Moby once put it.

I have to get my pearly whites checked out tomorrow. Wish me a pain-free visit and good karma will come your way.

Shine on, folks.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I like writing almost as much as I like eating.

Read what I'm writing at burgundy girls.
Tweet me @a_caswell.
Tumble with me at press the pause.
See what I find inspiring on Pinterest.
And if you're interested in working with me, you can check out my writing portfolio at amandacaswell.com.