My free time is being monopolized by a lame-o assignment on the Hubble telescope, so this isn't a long post. This is just to say
- I've finally listened to the Rihanna album, and damn, I like this girl. She's making some of the best music for the clubs out there now, and she isn't afraid to make some musical leaps of faith. She tries out a few styles on "Good Girl Gone Bad", and it's refreshing to see an artist who isn't hung up on making an album of songs that sound indistinguishable. I like my variation. Try "Breakin' Dishes," "Sell Me Candy," and "Lemme Get That" (the latter of which really just reminds me of high school). Sweetness.
- I really like the new White Stripes single, "Icky Thump". I find it interesting how they seem to be finding melody in cacophony and in using unconventional pacing and instrumentation. I'm looking forward to the new album - the Raconteurs was a nice homey change of pace, but I need some more Jack White being his crazy ol' self (and I'm hoping for some more Meg)
- The Bird and the Bee album is kinda cool in a Imogen Heep/Mr. Rogers lovechild sort of way. It's short, but thats kind of preferable, since it all kinda sounds the same anyway. And "Fucking Boyfriend" gets stuck in my head like crazy, but is also not work-appropriate singing material. An unfortunate dilemma.
- Hubble is boring, but has taken some really awesome pictures. It is also almost retired. We should throw a Hubble retirement party when that happens.
- Knitting project will be finished within the next few days, wha what. I know I got bored of it for a while, but I changed what I was working on for a while and now have returned filled with determination. Perhaps not the most practical of knitting project choices, but that's kind of the amazing part.
- My dad has gotten a new scanner. I was going to scan in my comic, but I'm considering adding colour, so it might be a while before that happens. We'll see.
Okay, I'm out folks. Stay rad.
amanda
Wednesday, June 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amanda
- I like writing almost as much as I like eating.
Read what I'm writing at burgundy girls.
Tweet me @a_caswell.
Tumble with me at press the pause.
See what I find inspiring on Pinterest.
And if you're interested in working with me, you can check out my writing portfolio at amandacaswell.com.
2 comments:
i'm disappointed with the fact that rihanna's next single ("shut up and drive") sounds like a car commercial.
but "breakin dishes" is probably already on my last.fm top 50. what a great song.
I totally agree about "shut up and drive". I can only infer that there's some sort of commercial in the works to be set to the song, and they want the song to be recognizable when that happens. And Rihanna always has one giant turd of a single released per album. It's just her way.
Post a Comment