Friday, April 13, 2007

i'm the type of girl who'll look you dead in the eye

I've been distracted by a series of little handdrawn images that I am responsible for! My sexy comic book is coming soon to an MIT drop box near you. And I'm thinking I'll scan it and post it onto here when I'm done, because while it is cheesy and somewhat nostalgic, it is also hella sexy in a big way.

Also hella sexy? Timbaland's new album. The standout being "Bounce". It takes a lot for me to like hip hop or whatever the designation Timbaland falls under; I can't keep track of all of these subgenres anymore (nor is this a genre I care to learn any of the subgenres of). Timbaland finds the art in a genre I usually find has a lot of limits, but admittedly, those are mostly in the subject matter. I just don't like songs about likening girls' bodies to cars, THANKS. But I don't even care about the subject here, because he makes it uncomfortably comfortable. He draws you in with his, um, mad beatz, but you never feel very comfortable in the position you're in - he's always on the verge of movement. But dayum, boy has some anger issues (and he ain't the only one - I'm looking at you Timberlake).

BUT I should get back to "studying". There is no actual studying being done. You see this blog entry? The product of me "studying". You know what else is the result of me "studying"? Books with no spines cracked. They have virginal spines. I am depriving books of their chief pleasure in this world. That's what. "Studying", pfft.

amanda

2 comments:

luke said...

i think that "bounce" is salvaged by missy's verse, really. up until that point i thought it was just an okay song. my favourite track on that album, by far, is "the way i are." the synths + the girl's vocals on that one are perfect.

Amanda said...

I just love the tone of "Bounce", he really was able to capture such a distinct mood. It sounds so ominous, and has the distinct squeak of shoes on a gym floor. HOT. Also, talking about bouncing like your ass has the hiccups? Major lols.

And I'm kinda in love with Keri Hilson's voice, especially on "Miscommunication". The opening with her and Timbaland singing together sounds amazing, and the chorus is hella catchy.

And "Bombay" is heavenly, although a little boring. I swoon for Indian female voices.

About Me

My photo
I like writing almost as much as I like eating.

Read what I'm writing at burgundy girls.
Tweet me @a_caswell.
Tumble with me at press the pause.
See what I find inspiring on Pinterest.
And if you're interested in working with me, you can check out my writing portfolio at amandacaswell.com.