Wednesday, October 3, 2007

and all you see is where else you could be when you're at home

I wish I could post through the sheer power of my brain. This thing would be updated much more frequently, and generally with more interesting things. At work, I'll often brainstorm things to write about (because I'm so devoid of mental stimulation, I'll daydream about blogging - talk about a dead-end job).

At this point, I'm interjecting my own ramblings: there was just a power flicker, my computer turned off, and Blogger is SO AWESOME, it saved what I had written thus far. Keep on keepin' on, friend-website.

Anyway, if I could remember all of the deliciously delightful topics I cover so thoroughly in my head, I'm sure this blog would be filled with a lot more. But by the time I get home, I'm so weary that I rarely sit down at my computer to check my email, let alone write. And half the time I can't remember the topics anyway. Perhaps I should start writing them down.



New hat finished! This is my brother's Christmas gift, so let's hope he doesn't check this blog (although he knows what he's getting). I had planned to make him Jayne Cobb's hat for Christmas since I picked up needles, so this was inevitable - and then he requested I make it! It only took me ONE WEEK, which, I must say, impressed even me. My brother has a fat head (hence the hat... bagginess?), so I ended up casting on 100 stitches instead of the recommended 72. Also, mine looks a little neater than the original, but that's just how I roll. The speed gives me hope that I'll be able to make my parents' gifts AND an awesome boatneck sweater for myself by Christmas. Knit.1 came out with their fall issue and it's got me all excited for some projects for myself (AND they had Kim and Bree from ANTM do most of the modeling! (I know you all didn't forget about that hot lez)). Considering Knit.1 is the ONLY knitting magazine that I feel reflects my tastes, and it only comes out 4 times a year, this is breaking news.

Does anyone else have a love/hate relationship with Chuck yet? Or think the titular character looks like a hybrid of John Krasinski, Adam Brody, and Jimmy Fallon, and also think that is NOT a bad thing? And also love that Adam Baldwin is in it (I KNOW)?

Heroes is better than the finale of season two, but that isn't saying much. This is the sophomore year, and you can tell. I like that Hiro is the hero he idolizes - a predictable yet satisfying scenario. Claire's angel stalker is lame, Mr Bennett employed by Staples delights me, and Peter's story thus far is SUPPOSED to be intriguing. I will now predict what will happen: there's an evil and a good Peter. He's the bad guy who attacked Petrelli mama and Captain Sulu. There'll be an epic showdown where he has to fight himself in a quintessential battle between good and evil, which is deciding which team you're on (because in these kinds of stories, there is rarely grey area for characters). And I'll also predict the outcome of that battle: good Pete will win, but Nathan, his Cane, will succumb to the power of the dark side. Note this date, folks, so when it happens, I can heartily bellow my "I told you so" (I won't really).

I'll try to start writing down my blog ideas. For your sake.

Amanda

3 comments:

luke said...

i meant to watch chuck but didn't. now i'll probably wait a whole season to see if everyone loves it and then maybe or maybe not watch it at that point (this is the point when i started watching lost and the o.c., but not heroes, for instance).

pilots (and subsequent episodes) i DID watch this fall: gossip girl and pushing daisies. i like both so far!

Amanda said...

Chuck is really lame, but that's part of its appeal. Although I can see myself getting sick of it quickly, so we'll see how it fairs.

And really? I tried both and felt little bits of my soul die with each passing moment. And then my soul actually died when I watched Bionic Woman. UGH.

Aaron F. said...

Here's an interesting observation my sister made (and probably thousands of others):

Mama Petrelli had just kicked Nathan out of the room before she saw her picture on the door, right? Well, right before we see Kaito, Nathan jostles into Ando, who then hands Kaito the paper with the picture in it. Could Nathan be the one spreading the message? He also could have been the one who threw Kaito off the balcony, and he was around when Mama P. got attacked, but I'll admit that he'd need some new powers to do that weird invisible thing.

...unless something happened during that explosion....

About Me

My photo
I like writing almost as much as I like eating.

Read what I'm writing at burgundy girls.
Tweet me @a_caswell.
Tumble with me at press the pause.
See what I find inspiring on Pinterest.
And if you're interested in working with me, you can check out my writing portfolio at amandacaswell.com.